Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election party, the run and the PIG

Brian had an election party last night. It was great except I accidentally missed Obama's speech because a friend called to talk to me about a possible sponsor for next year. OOPS. Apparently I was talking too loud in the other room while Obama was speeching away. Only Steven wasn't phased - I think he told everyone he's used to tuning me out!

This morning my friend Mandy and I went running. It was supposed to be an easy 10 and somehow became a hilly 13. She's going to rock the Silver Strand half marathon in a few weeks. I plan to still be "off-seasoning" when this happens.

On the way back we passed a lady out walking her pig. At first I thought it was a dog - a fat somewhat ugly dog with a really long skinny tail. I was thinking what an ugly tail this dog had when I realized in fact it was a pig. I don't exactly live in the country or near a farm, so this was fascinating to me. Who knows, maybe they make good pets!?

4 comments:

forgingahead said...

13 mile run! Excellent! Hope the sponsor thing works out too.

I was riding my horse on the city streets of Half Moon Bay yesterday and got quite a few funny looks, smiles and waves from the locals.

p.s. We don't usually ride on the streets :-)

Roo said...

Last year I was convinced I wanted a pig. Jesse talked me into at least researching it first. It turns out that unless you torture them by not feeding them enough they grow really big and are pretty aggressive. I decided they weren't so cute after that!

Maggs said...

13 miles? you're not taking this off season thing too seriously are you? haha. we have a lot of pet pigs out here in Hawaii. There was one who was killed recently and the killer got 5 years in jail (longer than some get for killing a person).

Teresa said...

You really are doing all the crazy things we would only do in the off season...funny enough..I just cleaned out my piggy bank too!
Pig? on a leash? I think I need to go walk my cats :) J/K! Hilarious.
Good luck with the sponsorship!