Monday, April 28, 2014

PossAbilities Triathlon Race Report

The PossAbilities triathlon is a small reverse sprint triathlon that is perfect for first-time racers or Challenged Athletes. It's a very cool race that was created specifically with Challenged Athletes in mind and that's probably one of the reasons I like to race it each year, as they always inspire me.


Each year when I race I think it might be my year to actually win it....although maybe that's also what keeps me coming back, since I keep not winning.

The race starts with a 5k and while Laurel Wassner and Taylor Spivey took off at 5k pace, I seemed to be stuck in half marathon effort. I chased and got onto the bike about a minute down.

Thanks Wilma for making me smile & the photo!
11 miles isn't exactly a lot of distance to make up time on the bike, but I put my head down and pedaled like a pro. I pulled the gap down to about :20, but coming into transition I knew you basically need to be jumping into the water with the girls if you are going to have a chance of passing them. So I cruised my 150 yard swim and was happy to finish 3rd.

Big thanks to my sponsors for all the support.
Next up is Wildflower, this weekend.