- Breakfast (about 2.5ish hours before I started) - banana and bowl of oatmeal with brown sugar. 16 oz of Powerbar Perform.
- 20 minutes pre-race - 1 Green Apple PowerGel (1x caffeine)
- Powerbar Perform - I drank 2 full Aero HC bottles (see photo below), which is about 56oz.
- 6 PowerGels - the Powerbar bottle on my bike is filled with water and 5 Pomegranate/Blueberry PowerGels (no caffeine). I have one Espresso PowerGel taped to my top tube that I take at mile 45ish. I'm extremely sensitive to caffeine - it works awesome, but if I take too much and take it too early in a race, it will have a negative affect on me.
- I always leave transition with 4 PowerGels (2 Green Apple, which are 1x caffeine, and 2 Espresso, which are 2x caffeine). At Oceanside I used 3 of them.
- Water at aid stations until at least mid-way, then if I need it, Coke. (I took Coke 2x at Oceanside).
- I also always end up dumping at least a minimum of 1 cup of Perform on my head at an aid station by accident. It probably doesn't aid my performance much, but it might make me run faster to the next aid station for some water to wash it off.