I am thankful for . . .
- Friends. The true ones that stick around when live gets real, ugly and tough.
- My bike. And the places it takes me - when I feel high and low, amazing and awful.
- A love for running and the great outdoors. Many times when my world has been flipped upside down the only time I felt at peace was when I ran or rode in the great outdoors.
- The opportunity to travel. Triathlon has provided me the chance of a lifetime to race in some amazing countries. I have met so many awesome people and shared experiences while away from home that I will never forget. Thank you to all those who welcomed me into your home this past year and went above and beyond by hosting a foreign triathlete.
- Tiny moments that aren't small at all. They happen every day, but if you aren't paying attention you will miss them.
- Family. I got to spent more time with my Mom this year and really enjoyed it. My parents also instilled in me an incredible work ethic. I am grateful for this.
- Work. I have multiple jobs and I feel lucky to say I actually really enjoy each of them.
- Time. I am overly skilled at trying to conquer the world all in a single day. I want to do it all, and often time is a limiting factor. I'm grateful for what time I do have.
- Support. Racing pro takes an army. I would never be entering my 5th year as a pro without the support I have been given. Thank you.
|Bike illustration by Anne Ulku|
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!