Wednesday, June 26, 2013

TenSpoon Winery 10k Race Report

The last night I was in Montana I raced a 10k. It was on a Wednesday night (which I thought was awesome) and started / ended at a Winery.

I loved the fact that it was a small-town race and even though it was rainy, everyone showed up.

The race consisted of half road and half trails. The trail section was awesome - through wooded areas with roots and rocks to scramble across. I actually thought the rain made everything more exciting (although this may just be because I am from California and it hardly ever rains).

Since I had spent the previous three weeks destroying myself with Ironman training, I had no expectations at all for this race. I went out fairly easy and tried to pick up the pace once I hit the trails. I didn't feel I had much "pick-up" at all, but I gave it my best shot.

Every finisher gets a wine glass, which is then filled with wine. Definitely more fun than a medal!

I ended up 2nd female with a 40:02, which also sent me home with a bottle of wine. If you're in Missoula, MT toward the end of June I'd definitely recommend this race.

Ironman training is in the bank, I fly to Frankfurt this weekend - bring on the racing!

4 comments:

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

You will love the finish area... I haven't done it but I have been there.

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete said...

Missoula is such a beautiful area!! I'm so jealous! The wine reminded me of racing in Germany and France. Love it!!!

Bicycle Chef said...

That's my kind of race!Wine!

Safe travels to Germany!!!

solarpowered said...

Love the Wednesday night/wine+glass elements of this race! And the setting looks amazing, too. Congrats on 2OA! Safe travels this weekend!