|Illustration - Albert & Marie|
My roommate is a pro triathlete from France. He often says "Life is Beautiful" and I couldn't agree more. But the times when I have seen this the most, are often in the little things - in the roughest, rockiest times of life, or when I was not looking for or expecting something big, a small piece of realizing how much I love life sneaks in. This happens often when I am way outside my comfort zone. I live for these small, beautiful moments.
I will share a few of my recent Life Is Beautiful moments:
- That moment in training when I really think I'm DONE, and I somehow go harder or hang on a little longer, realizing it doesn't hurt any more than it was before.
- Laughing. Loudly.
- Sitting on a swing at sunset (say that 10x fast - HA!) on top of a mountain.
- Crying. Because I care.
- Dancing - everyone should dance more in my opinion. In your kitchen, out, wherever - just dance a little. Just like singing like a rockstar in the car - I love this also.
- Losing. It's good. It keeps me coming back to try again and appreciating the wins.
- Running on trails like I'm 12 years old.
- That tired, hanging-on-til-I-can't-anymore feeling that only comes from Ironman training, and is completely crazy, but makes me feel very alive.