Monday, June 18, 2012

Back to Work

I managed to heal most of my road rash, get back into the pool (& ocean!) and somehow not completely combust each time I attend masters.

After crashing I was a bit worried I might turn into scared Sally on the bike, especially with my already semi-awesome (HA!) descending skills, but after a few solid rides I am no worse off than before.

Happiness comes in many forms - I often find myself smiling as I'm cruising along on a ride. Just happy to be outside and enjoying wide open roads. I may also have a bit of an appreciation for the fact that I crashed my bike and didn't completely destroy myself in the process. Life is a good thing. I am happy I get to enjoy it with some good people each day.

5 comments:

Steve said...

That was a nasty spill, and yeah I guess it does take courage to get back up.

Glad you are all healed up. :)

Jocelyn Wong said...

I'm a scared Sally. But working on fixing it!

Snakebite said...

It's about time you hoisted your lazy butt off the couch!

JUST KIDDING!!!

I'm glad you're back at it and are suffering no ill effects bike-wise. Now get out there and win one for the Gipper!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

You know I have heard that the waters of the Hudson have mysterious healing effects..

Jason said...

A friend of mine recently crashed and it was pretty bad. A week later back on the bike.

We are a resilient lot.

Keep moving forward.