Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ironman Texas

Ironman Texas will be my 12th Ironman. I built up the Slice and believe I actually put everything back together properly. It always semi-freaks me out the first time I have to box up a new bike.

I opted for my disc and Profile 80 for this course.

I set off to check out the course. Self-portraits of training rides in aero helmets are awesome.

Hey! Hay bales!

Farm roads.

THIS. This was my favorite part of the bike course.

More forest.

The Woodlands has a huge network of paved trails.

I found this guy on one of them. He was crawling along and I scared him. No luck trying to get him to pose for a photo...

 
On race day the run takes place along these waterways. 

12 comments:

solarpowered said...

It's Texas! Go BIG or go home! You're gonna have a great race - and I'll be cheering from NJ! Woot!

Michelle Simmons said...

Cheering for you!! Have your day out there on Saturday! :)

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete said...

Yay! So excited for you! A couple people from our team are racing down there this weekend as well. Look for Team Blaze people! ;)

Jeff Gross said...

Wow nice course. Looks like fun. I'm not jealous, just in awe.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

You show the Texans how it is done and I will do the same with Lance in Florida on Sunday!
Trivia question: What does FM stand for on the highway signs?
Also, I need to fix you up with my latest aero bottle design between the bars (improves power output)... provided Profile Design isn't one of your sponsors....

MissFancyPants said...

Your gonna do great - lots of luck!!!

Angela and David said...

Good luck!!!!

Christi said...

Have a great race!

Kiki said...

Wow Charisa, thanks for sharing the photos cause I had no idea how pretty the IM Texas course is. Enjoy and have a great race.

Caroline said...

Speedy looking bike for a speedy triathlete! Best of luck in your 12th (!!!) Ironman! Can't wait to track you!

Kathrin said...

Saw you finishing via the live feed today... The biggest smile on your face! Great job!

Jason said...

Great photos. Congrats on your 5th place finish. That is phenomenal. I hope you enjoyed coming to our state and racing here. Sorry we did not get to meet up, but I know there will be more races in the future.

I will be at IMAZ....you?