Thursday, January 5, 2012

California Coast

This is the time of year when I often realize how lucky I am to live in California. I do miss the occasional "snow day" and wearing large puffy mittens, but nothing beats riding my bike outside year round.

On a recent ride...

Very tiny - but the arrow is pointing to a whale spouting. I hardly ever see this, so to be able to actually capture it in a photo was exciting.

Beautiful coast.

Racing the sunset home on my bike.

Waiting for the green flash.

Hope everyone's training is going well!

11 comments:

Christi said...

Gorgeous!

Greg... said...

Now living here in the Northwest, I miss seeing the ocean every day, and cycling with it in my view. Thanks for the pictures.

Jill Costantino said...

So pretty:)

Kim Williams said...

yep. I'm jealous. It was 19 degrees here this morning.

J. L. said...

Wow! And the whale...incredible.

ADC said...

Love it. Just remember all that rain and wind over here and SoCal sounds so much better.

Alison said...

I love racing the sun home this time of year! When it's not raining that is here in the PNW...

solarpowered said...

Yikes! I've been MIA from blogging -- haven't had time -- but these recent posts have some beautiful pictures! And, I'm jealous of your 80* -- there was a dusting of snow on my car this morning.

Btw, I loved your "Constant" post a few back. That's just how I feel about running!

Jason said...

Those are awesome photos. Thanks for sharing.

The whale pic is very cool.

Meg said...

I see whales so often but it is hard to capture the spouts with a camera! We are so fortunate :) !

Caroline said...

Great photos! Thanks for sharing!