Saturday, October 15, 2011

Training

There are days in training when I feel amazing. And there are a lot of days where I do not. Today was a day when I got on the bike and within the first hour I knew it was just going to be a lot of hours of feeling uncomfortable, while (bonus!) riding my bicycle. For me there is a difference between feeling uncomfortably good, and uncomfortably blah. I actually don't mind the uncomfortably blah days in training because I figure maybe it's less likely I'll hit one of these days come race day. I'm sure it doesn't really work like that, but somehow in my mind I justify it.

Ironman training tends to bring out more uncomfortable training days, but at the same time on days when I think I'll feel horrible, sometimes I end up feeling amazing. The human body is funny like that.

We finally have a little bit of fall colors inland.

Tomorrow I get another chance at hopefully feeling uncomfortably good. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

3 comments:

Steve said...

You know sometimes it even works that way in real life. We just have an off day. We don't always have control how our mind will react day to day, I don't think.

Hope tomorrow is better for you. :)

solarpowered said...

I definitely know what it's like to start a workout feeling blah and then it ends up being a good one. Weird how that works. For me, it's a reason to get out there on those days -- because I know I'll likely feel better by the time I'm halfway into it!

Meg said...

I hope your workout was nice today...the sun finally came out down here, yipee!