Friday, September 16, 2011

Training in Wales

I said this about Irish triathletes and I think it applies to the Welsh as well - I'm fairly certain you have one of the most beautiful places to train, and the weather makes you tough as nails.

I set out on my bike yesterday to partly sunny skies, and I was actually warm. Within ten minutes it was raining sideways and I was fairly certain I might just blow off the road. And I was then cold.

Wet and cold. But I've learned if I don't like the weather to just wait ten minutes. It might change. Or it might not. But if I keep riding I generally stay warm and the scenery keeps flying past and remains amazing. And if I don't stay warm it's nothing that hot tea and scones won't cure when I am done.

Riding to the sea.

As I passed this hole in the wall, the wind gusting off the sea about knocked me off my bike.

I'm not sure why, but this sign just made me laugh. I love it.

Still loving the sheep...

Almost race day. I can not wait!!!

6 comments:

Beth said...

I bet you've seen more sheep on this trip than in your entire lifetime previous! :) Have an awesome race this weekend Charisa! You are certainly prepared for whatever weather the day might bring! :)

Snakebite said...

I think that Elderly People sign is to warn you there might be some public fisting going on. Ewwwww....

Lisa said...

Those signs are hilarious!!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Experiencing the Galway roads and weather myself this week gives me a whole new level of appreciation for your ability to see the bright side of things and your courage. These roads are insanely narrow!

Steve said...

Good Luck on your race whenever it is. You sure blog and race a lot. :)

Meg said...

AWESOME sign, I love it!
I don' t think I've seen the sun in any of your pictures yet. Hmmm, maybe this weekend? Good luck!!