Thursday, September 29, 2011

In the Middle


Somewhere between racing abroad and living the dream, I found myself back in the middle. Back at work, with a bit of extra recovery thrown in (which really just means time to do things I never do - like shopping, yoga or pretending I know how to cook like an expert chef!)

Where I hang out between swim-bike-running. Notice the meticulously neat desk...oh wait.

I like the extremes of training hard, racing fast and seeing the world. But I also really like the middle. Next week is back to training - I have three more races this season that will end with Ironman Arizona.

11 comments:

solarpowered said...

My desk at work looks like that. :)

Enjoy the middle. I like it there, too -- it allows me to decompress, but also get excited about the next venture.

Molly said...

You mean I get to race IM AZ with you??! Yay!!!

ADC said...

That desk is far tidier than my. Maybe I need to come to to AZ and cheer that great motivational slogan??

GoBigGreen said...

you are so cute:) worker bee:)
Enjoy the middle, i think i am will stay in the middle for another week too:)

Steve said...

The little I know you, I think you probably adapt in heavy training, middle, recovery. I know no one ever feels 100% on top of their game, but I'd like to be like you I think. Not fast wise, cause who really cares? It is important to do our best, but I think you seem to always have a pretty great attitude. :)

xo :)

Beth said...

I really like the middle too!! :)

thepumpkinsdiary said...

oh yeah! I love seeing a little behind the scenes :) AND I get to add you to my list of who to cheer on at IMAZ.

Teresa said...

Glad you are enjoying the "middle" for now. Have a great day!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Is that the famous "leaning tower of Big Ben"? I didn't know you were in Italy..

J. L. said...

I'm trying to decide if I want to sign up for IM AZ for my first ironman. So far, I'm undecided! Scares me signing up a year in advance. Enjoy the "middle" time right now!

Alison said...

We all need the middle to keep us grounded!