Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Bit of Ireland

I woke up the day after the race to sunshine....yeah, that's about right. It only lasted ten minutes though.

We left Galway Bay and headed south.

We had lunch in the small village of Adare, where there was a tunnel of trees, a great pub for lunch...

And more quaint houses. When I go back home to California I'm fairly certain my home will seem SO. VERY. BORING. after all this!

Dingle Harbor.

Just a little duplex.

I'm now staying on Goat Street. And the Goat Street Cafe has great vegetarian food!

It stopped raining briefly for my morning ride.

Road block.

If you look closely - I'm actually swimming in this photo. It was freaking freezing!! Thankfully pubs also sell hot chocolate.

Ventry Beach.

Coffee break #2 of the day...


The view from our room.

9 comments:

Kiet said...

This post brings me back to my traveling days during the sabbatical, there are ups and downs to traveling in strange places, focus on the ups and the adventure, and the once-in-a-lifetime experience like I know you will. Swimming in that cold water on your own tells me so!

Steve said...

cool pics. I like the way you see things. It seems you can be talented at probably a billion different things. :)

Congrats on your race too. :)

Lisa said...

Wow, so picturesque! And I love the road block...

Congrats on your race!

Kim said...

gorgeous!!! im sure that water was FREEZING!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

That Cafe is in Galway? I'm so there next week!

solarpowered said...

Yeah, my house seems super boring after seeing your pics! Looks like a blast, though!

GoBigGreen said...

Oh i bet Cedric feels right at home!!!! How awesome!

Kim Williams said...

great to see your adventures. congrats on the race.

love the wave 'pipeline' shot!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

glad you didn't have to navigate those road blocks on the bike.... moooo