Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Summer Garden

Our summer garden is finally enjoying some warmer weather and producing edible treats...

Roma tomatoes.

We finally figured out the pepper plants had to be in large pots - otherwise pesty animals eat them.

Garden gnome watching over tomatoes. Unfortunately all my spinach & swiss chard was eaten by either rabbits or squirrels - not sure which.

Fresh basil.

I made home-made pesto last night using olive oil from my friend Emily's olive trees on her land, basil, pine nuts, garlic, and a little Parmesan cheese. It turned out great!

7 comments:

Kim said...

I'm finally catching up on your life and it has been going well I see! So glad your garden is producing awesome tasty goodies and you are doing well! Interested to see how that Vasa stuff turns out!! Let us know!

Snakebite said...

It looks like you're well on your way to having ingredients for homemade salsa, too. Nice!

Steve said...

So that is why he can't ride on the new bike. He has other chores. :)

p.s. I may see ya at Steelhead. If I see you I will be cheering like a little 8 year old girl... :) Ha Ha j/k

I'll be cheering like a very mature 45'ish year old guy. LOL

Jill Costantino said...

your Summer garden's are awesome! Love this years and reading about last years!

Emily Cocks said...

So happy you like the oil! See you next week. Good luck in NYC.

Kiet said...

Just drank my veggies today: carrots, beets, kale, garlic, and ginger! Crush and find some speed this weekend!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Yum! That olive oil is delish.