Thursday, June 2, 2011

Support

Somehow I have been able to surround myself with amazing people and for this I am grateful. Trying to work full time, while training and racing pro is not always easy. There is a lot of support from a variety of people that does not go unnoticed.

In order to race well in triathlon, a lot of time and focus has to be put in, which sometimes seems selfish to me. I try to balance everything, but occasionally I fail miserably at this.

I know my success in sport comes from hours of hard work. I am not talented - I just have the ability to train hard, even when results are not always there. One of the things that makes all this hard training so fun is the fact that I have a great group of friends who love to train with me [read: destroy me] on any given day, along with a husband who has been nothing but 100% supportive of my efforts.

Steven and his twin brother, Kona 2007.

The journey of sport, chasing dreams, and seeing how fast I can get has been great, and only possible because of the support friends, family, my coach and sponsors have provided. Thank you.

6 comments:

FLATOUT JIM said...

AHHH! That's so sweet.

Anything that's worth doing, and takes effort, also requires a strong support system. Without it, it's a long boring, and usually unsuccessful venture.

Steve said...

Well, I would never ever say you are not talented. You are. You are talented and you work hard. :)

Jill Costantino said...

YOU - are AWESOME!

Running and living said...

Yes, without support (particularly from family) nothing can be accomplished. And i agree with steve, you are talented and work hard!

Matt said...

great post, I Agree without our supports this would not be the same. Did you know there are 2 x Steven in that photo ;)

Rip it up this weekend!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Steven's the best ever. I was standing next to him last year at Alcatraz when you went by and his cheer of encouragement was huge! Can't wait to see you both this weekend. And your bike arrived safe and sound today.