Friday, June 3, 2011

Racing Weekend

This is a father-daughter racing weekend once again. Except our climates are going to be very different. My Dad has flown to the lovely Big Island to race Honu 70.3 where he will face wind, heat, humidity, and see multiple palm trees and maybe a turtle or two during his swim (he is in fact out there swimming for a while!)


I have chosen a much closer-to-home and apparently this year possibly terrible-weather race in San Francisco. But I love Escape from Alcatraz, so I plan to enjoy my dive off the boat into the icy by water, and will race as hard as possible to keep from going hypothermic in the rainy 50-degree temps forecasted. I also plan to keep the rubber down on the technical bike course...

Photo (c) Timothy Carlson.

If you are racing this weekend - have fun & go all out!!

11 comments:

Molly said...

If racing the local splash & dash last night - without rain - was any indication, you'll need all those hills of SF to stay warm - I FROZE. Good luck this weekend and kick some butt!!!!

Matt said...

best of luck to the both of ya, I hope both of you hit your goals for the races! Have fun too

Kim said...

good luck to you and your dad charisa! i have always wanted to try escape to Alcatraz, but that swim scares the living crap out of me.

Steve said...

Good Luck this weekend. A person from my work nephew did it last year.

Michelle Simmons said...

Good luck to you and your dad! I'd cheer for him when I saw him if I knew what he looked like. :)

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

I'm not going to look at the forecast any more because I am freaking myself out!

Good luck to your dad!

Jason said...

Good luck to both of you but swimming, biking and running in HI sounds a tad better than doing SBR in SF.

That being said neither spot is a bad place to be and race.

Kiet said...

I guarantee you Sunday will be okay and the sun the will be out. If we get tons of rain on Saturday, Sunday will be dry, we never have the same weather two days in a row. But who cares, everybody has to race in the same conditions, the tougher the better for you.

Damie said...

thanks! you too!!!

Running Bums said...

You are crazy, and I like it! Have fun and stay warm:)

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

My favorite race, EFA... but now you have to qualify or get a lotto slot. What happened to the days when you could just sign up?

Hope you have fun with it!