Sunday, May 29, 2011

Long Weekend

I love long weekends - the opportunity to try to catch up on everything I let slide between work and training with time to play/train/etc. mixed in.

I recovered from my sickness and was able to push myself on the bike again yesterday. Summer scenery of brown hills have returned to Southern CA.

Our good friends KK & J had an engagement party.

Which gave Steven an excuse to wear blue pants.

And some added time to watch the sunset.

Tomorrow three of my good friends & I are going to ride the Mt. Baldy stage from the Tour of CA. I've been told for the final 9% section up to the peak of Mt. Baldy I need a 28 in the back. I don't have one - I have a 25. And since I can't really justify buying a campy one for my road bike for just one ride, I will be paper-boying it up behind the boys! I can't wait!! Pictures to follow...

8 comments:

Meg said...

Great pictures of a special night! I love your new haircut AND Steven's blue pants!! Have a blast chasing the boys, sounds like a perfect day to me!!

Beth said...

Love the blue pants!!!! :-) Have a great ride tomorrow!

BreeWee said...

hahahaha, the blue pants, love it! You clean up so nice, looking at the photo you'd never guess you put on spandex and kick @$$! ENJOY the ride...

GoBigGreen said...

Ha I know what you are talking about i wont buy a new campy cassette and suffer up some climbs in AZ too. You can do it!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

The blue pants are fabulous!
That ride looks crazy steep. You are going to be so ready to tackle the hills of SF!

ADC said...

Steven's blue "trousers" look fabulous :)) Can't wait to hear all about that climb.

Kim said...

totally love stevens pants! good luck with the hill climb - you will kick butt!

Running Bums said...

Love the pics from the engagement party--it was so pretty and fun (plus so good to see you guys:)