Thursday, April 21, 2011

Twilight

Sorry, this isn't a post about the movie or the hot vampire guys or whatever it is exactly that the modernized version of "Twilight" is.

Ok, now for the two of you who are still reading . . .

The ten minutes after the sun sets, when the sky is still slightly light and twinkling lights spread across a hillside start to glow - this is the twilight I'm referring to. It is one of my favorite times of day. Somehow the light casts more interesting shadows. Twilight is the time when trail running isn't quite a hazard yet, but if I don't pick up the pace it soon will be.

The lagoon near my house at twilight, the ocean is beyond it.

Many times twilight is spent finishing up a run. Often a hard run. I don't know what it is exactly, but twilight always makes me feel like I am running just a little bit faster.

These are the boys I chase when I run - at twilight - with the newest addition to our group of friends. Maya is five days old here.


Cute aren't they?!