Friday, March 4, 2011

Pre-Birthday Swim

A few weeks ago coach and I decided to do a birthday swim together, since our birthdays are three days apart. Only problem is coach got sick, so I was left scrambling for swim friends. Thankfully it all worked out - masters + my own little workout where Tatiana was kind enough to join me as I dragged my tired self around and tried (mostly unsuccessfully) to stay in her speedy draft.

Everything needed for a spectacular swim. 
And yes, I brought Cedric, my gnome.

This is the set we did (after masters) in case anyone needs a good swim workout this weekend.
  • 1000 - cruise, alternate leader by 100
  • 900 - 3x300 (250 swim / 50 kick)
  • 800 - 2x400 (not going to lie - this one was awful!)
  • 700 - 7x100 (paddles & pull buoy)
  • 600 - 3x200 (50 free / 50 back / 50 free / 50 kick)
  • 500 - cruise, alternate leader by 50
  • 400 - 4x100IM (ouch! butterfly!)
  • 300 - 2x150 easy
  • 200 - 4x50 (ankles tied)
  • 100 - FAST!
It all added up to 9200 meters. The most I have ever swum at once. (Figured I would save 10k for another birthday). A big thank you to ZipVit for keeping me from bonking and Sable WaterOptics for my awesome goggles. This trying-to-be-a-fish girl is happy her arms did not fall off!

17 comments:

Steve said...

Wow, you iz amazing. :)

Um, wait, did I tell you you iz amazing yet??? always meant to. :)

Molly said...

Well that's it - I'm asking for a big swim bonanza for my birthday! Great job!!!

Kim said...

nice job charisa! you are a swimming superstar!

Beth said...

Awesome way to kick off all the birthday fun! Great swim!! Glad Cedric got to be there! :-)

krystyna47 said...

Wow, that's a really pretty pool!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Happy birthday.
Dang, that's about my totals in the pool getting ready for the big day....

TRI714 said...

DAMN !! That is HUUUUUGE ! happy birthday. WOW .

Matt said...

great way to kick off a Bday weekend!! Booyah! How are those chews ;)

Happy Bday Charisa!! I hope your weekend ROCKS

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

That mileage is awesome. As are you.

kristinschleicher said...

Happy birthday! -and- baller! I'll definitely be trying at least the 900 to 100 countdown next time I need to do a big swim on my own.

Meg said...

HB! Glad Cedric came along for the FUN!

David said...

happy birthday Charisa! you have the best years of your life ahead of you...

solarpowered said...

I don't even know what to say. That's a seriously impressive workout. Happy Birthday!

Teresa said...

Simply awesome!! take on the day birthday girl!

Snakebite said...

Happy frickin' Birthday!

ADC said...

I like it. Perhaps I will attempt it for my birthday too.

Sam said...

Great swim and Happiest Birthday to you! Hope its the greatest day..just like you deserve.