Friday, January 14, 2011

Racing

Training is fun, but I love to race. When else can you go so hard on the bike that you drool on yourself? Or have moments where you feel like you are invincible, followed by moments where you feel like pure death?

In my quest for speed this year I'm trying to throw some shorter races into the mix. My race schedule still changes every other week, so there is no point publishing it. I will kick off the season with a running race in February (still unsure if it will be a 5k or a 1/2 marathon...) The triathlon season will begin with my back-yard race of CA70.3 with all my friends. There will be races in CA, NY, MI, etc. My first long triathlon will not take place until late September. In Europe. And I am beyond excited about this!! If you have any input on races that have top-notch courses, great scenery, or fun people at them, I'd love suggestions.

13 comments:

Snakebite said...

http://www.deadwoodmickelsontrailmarathon.com/

Jennifer Yake Neuschwander said...

Europe...very cool. Which race in Michigan?

Caratunk Girl said...

I love your opening paragraph!! SO TRUE!

I wish Maine had a top-notch race I could point you to...we have the scenery and fun people, and a few pretty good races, but we are working on the top notch thing. The best race in Maine right now is Lobsterman, an oly tri course. Which interferes with your Europe race...But you know just in case you felt like coming to Maine sometime, you know, thought I would throw it out there. :)

AM-GoalsfortheWeek said...

I love that the 70.3 is your shorter distance race;-)! it's my long, long, longest one over here;-)

i know you did escape from alcatraz right?

Steve said...

MI??? WOOOOOO!!! Can't wait til you publish that one. I would definitely try to cheer for you like a groupie of the worst sorts. lol.


Here's to a great year for you. :)

Mike Russell said...

You need to try and get into LOTOJA this year. It is an awesome race/ride with some spectacular scenery.

TRI714 said...

id the February 5k or 1/2 in Huntington ? Some of us are meeting up (some bloggers that take are racing semi serious).

kristinschleicher said...

aw, I was hoping you would do desert international again... it will be my first tri in the great state of california :) but as for february, i'm going to run xc nationals and possibly the carlsbad valentine's 10k. do one of those with (OK... in front of) me!

kristinschleicher said...

edit: not carlsbad. coronado 10k.

Matt said...

Rev3 Half in PDX maybe a fun one

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Dang... thought you would join me at the inaugural IMTX..

ADC said...

Woohoo can't wait to see you in Europe later this year. It will be sooo much fun.

m said...

Sounds like it will be a fun year of racing! I love the picture of Homer Simpson!