Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year

A new year brings with it new opportunities. I am not really a "New Years Resolution" kind of person, but I do like to look back on what I feel went right and look forward to working hard toward new goals.

I have a million triathlon related goals. Too many to list. But I'm hoping to carry all of my swim momentum into the new year. I still have a lot of work to do on the bike and I'm fired up to go after that. And I know even though the run is my strength, I want to turn those legs over faster and get to that finish line sooner.

I have spent the past three years doing massive volume in training. This year we are mixing things up a bit and focusing on speed. Lots of intensity, more recovery and slightly less volume. This also means more shorter races, although Ironman will still be in the mix.

I have been working on a race schedule and am excited that it includes some racing in Europe.

In the non-triathlon area - one of my big goals in 2011 is to try to be a bit more earth conscience. I'm really good about taking my own shopping bags to the market. I'm terrible at taking my own coffee mug to the cafe. Something I will work on. (I already forgot this morning - guess these things take time!)

The garden is going to get some new veggies planted - some that I have no experience with. Looking forward to some new healthy eats this spring.

Happy New Year! Set your goals high - then work hard to break right through them.

11 comments:

Steve said...

I like you Charisa. I think you have a good head on your shoulders, not to mention you are very talented.

I am impressed with how open you are with your thoughts. You garner a following with your skill, but you are more impressive by being open.

A step we all must take. :)

I am glad I read your blog, if for no other reason than your ability to show people what you think. :)

Good luck this year. :)

You are a SUPERSTAR!!! :)

I am a fan. :)

Beth said...

Many exciting things to look forward to this year!! Here's to breaking through barriers in 2011! :)

Christi said...

Great green goals. I think I will follow your lead.

Good luck with your year!

Angela and David said...

I am hoping to start a veggie garden this year as well. Intimidates the hell out of me.

Racing in Europe sounds awesome!

Elizabeth A. Rich said...

I love reading other peoples comments to see what they picked out of your post to comment on. :)

What stood out to me was; "more speed" and "racing in Europe"!!

You WILL get faster and I think you ROCK!! I'll be cheering you on all of 2011.. just like 2010 :)

Kate said...

Oh man, I never remember to bring my mug to the coffee shop. Gotta work on that.

Sounds like you have some exciting things on the horizon -- Good luck to you in 2011! I am looking forward to reading all about your adventures.

Teresa said...

Happy new year girl! You have the perfect attitude to continue to flourish! Xoxo

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Love the direction of your goals and Europe! How exciting!! Happy New Year Charisa!

Kiet said...

I'm liking it C. Here's to faster swims, stronger bikes, and lightening runs. And liking the simple goals in greening the Earth.

solarpowered said...

I can't wait to see how great 2011 plays out for you! Going (even) greener! Europe racing?! Cool! Where/which races?

Happy New Year!

ADC said...

Yay, I can't wait to see on this side of the pond.