Friday, November 26, 2010

Cozumel Pre-Race

I could get used to these pre-race activities . . . 


The iguanas are neat . . .

In a creepy sort of way.


I feel rested and race ready. I have loved my rookie pro season and I feel this race is nothing but bonus. One more chance to try to PR and give it all I've got on race day. And a chance to race with my Dad - seriously can't beat that. 

I am #23. I have been told you can track online at www.ironmancozumel.com. Steven may or may not update twitter - service here is sketchy at best. To everyone racing - I hope you have the race of your life! And to those who have followed and cheered for me this season - thank you for the support. It is both motivating and absolutely humbling. I feel beyond lucky to have such great friends in this crazy sport.

19 comments:

Alex said...

Good luck!

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete said...

It is so beautiful there!

I love how you are not nervous before your races (at least you don't appear to be). You are cool, calm, and collected. Even though you are racing at the pro level, you still race to have fun. That is something I need to work at myself!

Good luck tomorrow. It is the cherry on top of a wonderful racing season! ;)

Michelle Simmons said...

Have a great race, Charisa!!

katymoe said...

good luck!!

FLATOUT JIM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FLATOUT JIM said...

You are going to Kick Butt. Good luck, and enjoy the day.

Chloe said...

Good luck and have fun! Take in the sights of that wonderful island!!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

How could life get any better? Racing in paradise with the dad.. I know he is excited, I get my chance at Alcatraz next year.

Now I expect my favorite pros to come in 1st and 2nd. jSo, since this is you rookie season, why don't you make it 1st, OK?

Have fun!

Running and living said...

Charissa, go get them!!!

andrew said...

Check out Lava magazine page 168!

Kiki said...

Race Fast and have Fun!!

Matt said...

Good luck to both Cedric and you! Kick some butt out there! I hear sub 10 calling your same!

Caratunk Girl said...

Best of luck, I will be following you!

rocketpants said...

Have a fantastic race tomorrow! I hope all goes as well as it can.

martin briars said...

i never thought i'd be envious of someone else's race, but.... wish i was there!! it looks fantastic - enjoy the race !!!
marti - freezing in france !

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Rocking Mexico - that's my girl!

solarpowered said...

Tracking was sketchy today and I couldn't get a video feed -- but I saw your result! Awesome!!!

It's so cool that you get to do this stuff with your dad, too :)

D said...

As usual, I'm totally behind... 23 is the BEST number EVER! Can you tell I grew up as Michael Jordan's biggest fan? ;)

Kim said...

charisa, you did awesome! congrats on a fantastic race! cant wait to read your report :)