Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Austin Fun

I had a great time visiting Austin. I was lucky to be able to stay with my friend LB's sister and her husband. These are some of my favorite pics from the trip...

Post race Diner.

I loved how many of the houses had porch swings. Perfect for sitting out front and watching thunder storms roll through.

More swings!
Wheeeeeeeee!

I loved all the old houses with a variety of architecture and detailed painted trim. The pumpkins on this porch in particular really made it seem like fall even though the weather was shorts-weather.

Moons.

Color!

It's hard to see in this picture, but the rain gutter (left of porch) is actually a chain of connected metal spouts. I have seen these in the Pacific Northwest before and really like them.

And a final swing.

8 comments:

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

I love seeing the world through your camera lens! Glad you had fun in Austin!!

ironmomma.com said...

Man I LOVE AUSTIN! Great race!

Beth said...

Lots of swings in that place!! And those rain gutters - that's how all the gutters are in South Carolina where my parents live. It took me a long time to figure out what they were. :) I really want to visit Austin some day!

D said...

Porch swings are the best!

Christi said...

A wrap around porch and a porch swing is what I want! They are too awesome!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I love swings!!! And the houses have such character, how cool.

GoBigGreen said...

Swings are big in the midwest too, especially when they drop you into a lake or river:)

t-odd said...

I love swingers. Do you still have that room available at your house? (That came out totally wrong.)

(and this is REALLY wrong but I read Christi's comment as "a reach around on a porch swing is what I want" WHAT? No that can't be right. And it wasn't, it was my 12-year-old man-brain dyslexia fooling me again. Stoopid 12-year-old brain.)