Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Taper Ride

Yesterday's schedule called for three hilly hours on the bike, at Ironman heartrate. I found a couple of boys willing to let me chase them around in order to get my stubborn heartrate up. I didn't capture a lot of images on this adventure, mostly because I was busy working. However, there are a few I thought were good.

At one point on the ride we cross a long suspension bridge with a "lake" under it. This is the view off the left side of the bridge. I thought the cracked dirt that led to green algae was beautiful. Sorry the fence is in the way - sometimes my capture-while-riding shots don't turn out perfectly...

The right side of the bridge - water leads to mud.

Our ride ended at Gordy's Bakery. If you find yourself in Encinitas, go check this place out. Awesome treats, and Gordy is a long-time runner!

13 comments:

Teresa said...

So excited for your race day!

Also, we need a training camp over there!! tn

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Dang!!
I didn't know you lived in Louisville...
That is the Ohio River swim......

Beth said...

I love your blog for many reasons and all your great pictures is one of them!!! :) Getting so excited for you - race day is almost here! :)

Matt said...

not nice to taunt with a good bakery since he are a few 100 miles away from one :(

Its almost time for your to unleash at IM!! Stoked for ya!

Megan said...

yaay! when do you head to the midwest?

Meg said...

Yum! We just had coffee and R Bars at Gordy's! Delicious and he makes the BEST coffee!

t-odd said...

Um, yeah. Those were some of the ugliest pictures you've posted. (Sorry) Except for the bakery. That was one of the best!

word verification: nubbili - "The pad in my bike shorts has become a little nubbili and is chafing like a mofo."

ADC said...

Oh, I LOVE the look of that bakery. Enjoy the taper. The race is just around the corner.

Giorgio said...

Thanks for comment my last post Charisa.
Three hilly hours on the bike! I'm sure you had a nice adventuse although you didn0t capture a lot of images :)
Happy running and biking!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

That is one seriously dry lakebed! And yum to the bakery treats. My fave. I forget how spoiled I am to have so many in walking distance. Enjoy your taper!!

Kiki said...

I rode that bridge on Saturday too! The water has sure gone down since the spring! Enjoy your well deserved taper!

GoBigGreen said...

Good luck C! I will be that one volunteer cheering for you, hahaha. I Should wear Dartmouth Green so you know its me. nah, just race I will find you!

Manuel Luis said...

Felicidades para si e muitos prémios, merece!
Abraço