Monday, September 20, 2010

Raspberry Hunting

I believe there is nothing better than fresh raspberries in late summer. My youngest memories visiting my grandparents involve picking raspberries and popping them in my mouth while running frantically away from the bees that I was sure were on a mission to attack me.


So as Grandma tended her garden after our lunch last week, I knew it was time to raid the raspberry bushes. I asked her for a bowl to put them in. She looked at me funny and said "Why? You know they are just going to all end up in your mouth!" Smart lady!


This picture makes me laugh so hard! Seriously, I'm on a mission!



My summer is now complete.

I've been getting a lot of questions about whether or not my tri season is over. I'll go into this more tomorrow, the short answer being no, it's not over yet . . . 

12 comments:

ADC said...

I LOVE raspberries. It reminds me of my grandparents' place as well. Oh andI must say it again - Your Grandma ROCKS!!!
Can't wait to hear what's on cards next.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Reminds me of my grand parents garden. Tomatoes were their big thing in Toledo Ohio. I haven't thought about that for years. Thanks for the memories..

FLATOUT JIM said...

You know raspberries are dead easy to grow.

You should dig a couple of caines from grandma, and stick em in your garden next to your fence.

Christi said...

I am a blackberry fan myself but raspberries will do in a pinch!

I can't wait to hear what the rest of your year has in store!

Matt said...

yum, fresh raspberries are amazing, used to pic them with my grandpa. We have some blackberries this year out of nowwhere in our yard, cant complain though :)

Beth said...

You are TOTALLY on a mission in that picture! :) Can't wait to hear what's next for you! :)

Jill Costantino said...

That pic is hilarious! Your visit with your grandma looks so fabulous. Now - what's the plan for the rest of the season??????

Mike said...

Love your blog anyway, but especially about your grandma; makes me miss mine all the more though! You're very blessed!

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

Fresh raspberries are the best! You have the best grandma ever!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I miss picking fresh berries from grandmas backyard

Teresa said...

The pic of you says it all! You ARE on a mission with raspberries and racing!! Love it!

tn

Steve Stenzel said...

Ha! The "one a mission" photo is GREAT!!