Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ocean Swimming

Hot sand on my toes...

I recruited Steven to ocean swim with me at lunch today.

Some of the palm trees I used as markers for intervals in the ocean.

This may be one of the first times ever, that I've dropped someone in an open water swim. Progress! Although this may not count because I'm pretty sure Steven has not swum once since Boise.

Happy I didn't run into any creatures with larger teeth than myself...

I'm planning on a lot more future ocean swims. No better practice than choppy, wave-filled water to drag myself around in.

11 comments:

Jill Costantino said...

You are adorable! I haven't swam since June 6th, 2010 hahaha!

Teresa said...

It is super important to practice your fast swim in open water! Nice job! tn

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

I'm so jealous! That would be so awesome to be able to do that!

Beth said...

That looks awesome!! Also glad you didn't encounter any creatures with bigger teeth than your own...but at least if you did, you could swim faster than Steven! :)

FLATOUT JIM said...

You are going to Rock San Francisco Bay!

ADC said...

Hope the water temps were good.

Chloe said...

Open water swims are awesome! I try to do one at least once a week (since the oil has stopped). We use funny looking houses as our 'markers'. Love it!

martin briars said...

Hi
I love those pics... !! i'm off to Barcelona for 2 weeks next week - i plan to swim in the Med every day - i just love sea swimming !!
;0)

Michelle Simmons said...

Awesome! If you have access to choppy ocean conditions, you should be in them a lot! I used to hate those conditions and I was not a good swimmer in them. But I did it (consistently every week!) and now actually like choppy ocean! The key is to find a good group of people who you can swim with... :)

Black Knight said...

Great pics, I love to swim in open sea but here we don't have an ocean!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Steven is such a rockstar to go swimming with you in the big bad ocean! You're gonna be all primed for Alcatraz!