Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Little Things

This week I'm slammed at work. Maybe because I was gone for a while, or people just need microscopes right now. It's good for job security, so no complaining. Fitting training around the work requires a bit of extra time creativity skills I suppose. When my days fill up with endless to-do lists and extra blah-blah-blah there are some little things that make the day more pleasant.
  1. At Peet's today when I asked what a Cafe Freddo Extra Bold was, the barrista smiled and said "oh, that my friend has 3 extra shots in it." with a smile that just gleamed of pure coffee love. (I opted for the standard one for fear of my normal decaf-drinking-self being slightly too excited about microscopes while talking with customers back at work.)
  2. Cold water with ice cubes that clink against the glass.
  3. Gummy vitamins.
  4. Finishing a run completely dripping in sweat with that legs-tired-but-good feeling.
  5. Brand new foam rollers.
  6. Watching the other guy who also bike commutes to work go by my window every morning.
  7. Stripes.
  8. Making someone laugh.
  9. I googled "hill image" today and this goat popped up. It made me laugh.
  10.  

#10 was left blank on purpose - I want to know the little things that make you happy.

23 comments:

Teresa said...

Reading your blog makes me happy! Your happiness is so appreciated!

tn

SSB said...

X 2 what TN said. Always makes me smile. And being flu free :-)

cheryl said...

I'll also agree. You are super positive, and happiness is infectious. Coming home to my dogs every day is also guaranteed laughter.

kristinschleicher said...

Since you work there, do you own any microscopes just for fun? I'm not really sure what you would look at but it just seems like a home microscope with digital camera could be kind of cool...

Matt said...

reading an upbeat blog :)

Music that matches my mood helps alot and some songs just cheer me up no matter when I hear them.

an ice cold drink after a HOT run..doesnt really matter what it is as long as there is frost on it :)

Beth said...

10) Reading your blog (like everyone else said).

10.5) Seeing Roxy go crazy when I walk through the door after a long day. Who loves you more than pets? :)

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Pricelining a hotel in downtown Louisville for IM weekend at half the going rate.....

hj said...

awesome Charisa! 10. always seeing words of support and encouragement on my own blog posts, knowing someone else besides my mom reads it:) your awesome and it always makes me smile. thanks for the continued support. see you soon!

Running and living said...

Reading your blog makes me happy, too!!! Oh, and so many other things, but mostly goofing off with my son!

IRONkatyMOE said...

My dog tilting her head when I ask her a question. :)

Jeff Presley said...

Riding my bike through a beautiful countryside (the Bluegrass/Horse Farm region of Central KY is awesome)

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Sunshine. We haven't had any in a long while and I'm missing it terribly.

My horse always makes me so very happy - just being at the barn.

Shevaun said...

Sunrise.
The beach.
My daughters.
Marking items off my To Do list;-)

GoBigGreen said...

Waking up to my husband doing "Laps" in our little puney pool ( about 12 M long) and while it isnt the ocean it is still blue and pretty:)

AM-GoalsfortheWeek said...

nice post;-)

10. Riding my 'new' road bike for the first time. haven't ridden a road bike for 1.5 yrs, and i am SO excited about all the biking possibilities!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I love posts like this

Lauren Harrison said...

Lunch time runs with new music on ipod...great way to not think about work for an hour!

NY Wolve said...

I have a two year old who is just learning to talk. Some mornings, she will say loudly "Its a happy day!!" That makes me smile.

This morning she didn't say anything, so I said "V, is it a happy day?" and she said "No, this is NOT a happy day." And I smiled too.

Kiki said...

10) me, my dog and the open road- oh and most definately air conditioning in my van when driving through Vegas!!!

Jennifer Yake Neuschwander said...

The shower after morning masters. The feeling of having a workout complete while the day is fresh and still full of opportunity.

ADC said...

A great British summer.

Kim said...

Driving to ride yesterday and seeing a guy in his yard pulling a wagon full of kids and they all smiled and waved to me as I drove by slowly! I smiled and waved back. I LOVE SUMMER!! Hope all is well!

Lisa T said...

I think I saw that goat in Glacier NP. Really. That made me happy.

FInding a coffee shop with gluten free goodies makes me happy too.

So does Michigan in the summer.