Thursday, May 27, 2010

Whirlwind of a Day

Today is one of those days when time seems to speed up and the day flies by in a blur of color and fun-filled, but hard training. On the bike early for repeats. The kind where your legs are shouting stopit! stopit! stopit! by the last set. I had a friend to meet up with and the workout flew by.

My attempt to capture a picture of myself riding in front of the strawberry fields. Instead I must say this is a lovely blurry profile of my thumb. 

 Ride-by flowers.

It's one of those days when after showering, I just put on the next workout's clothing, because really, what's the point of wearing normal-people-clothes when lunch holds a tempo run. 

But before rushing off for work, I grabbed this. 
Steven makes some killer scones!!

After the lunch run, I most likely will consider napping under my desk. Don't worry, if I do this I'll be sure to take a picture for you. After work it's a looooonnnnnnnnnnnnggggg swim set, solo. I'm pretty sure that workout is going to hurt the least, but be the hardest mentally of all three. And after the whirlwind I plan to plant myself on the couch for what's left of the day.

10 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Your face says exactly how I feel about repeats

celmore said...

Hey there...I just found your blog. I'm a socal-er as well.

I usually end up napping in my car at lunch on big days. 30 minutes makes a huge difference.

Good luck this season!

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

Wow..that does sound like a whirlwind of a day! I think a nap is a must! :)

I love the heart shaped scone...that's awesome!

Matt said...

yikes sounds similar to my day, which is sandwiched between a 8am class then a 5pm class..That scone looks good :)

Beth said...

Crazy days!! I have no doubt that you will get it all done though and get it done right! :) Happy swim set this evening!! And is that scone shaped like a heart on purpose? Pretty cool! :)

Kiet said...

Sounds like we have a similar day, I'll be thinking of you when I'm swimming tonight.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Leave it to your postings to inspire me to go out and do something. When it gets down to 89F tonight, I think I'll go run..

Thanks (I think...)

Meg said...

Yes, please plant yourself on the couch. I'm worn out on your behalf! Cute scone and it looks delicious!

Teresa said...

Proud of you girl!!!
tn

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

If I'd of known Steven was so talented I would have had the ingredients waiting for him when you guys were here!

Go Charisa - that day sounds beyond exhausting. Get those feet up girl!