Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Train

My ride today was 135 miles of beautiful, with a lot of sweat and hard work thrown in. Thankfully my legs showed up to play, so occasionally I was able to hang onto this train of speedy boys.

I did manage to fall off during the massive head-wind segment. I suppose that was good for me in some odd training-sort of way. The train was nice, and waited for me to get back on.

 I finished on the coast, riding with Coach Dirkinator.

It is now feet-up-and-relax time! There is apparently a holiday-weekend going on and I've got a rest day tomorrow. Oh the possibilities are endless!!

8 comments:

Jill Costantino said...

Happy Holidays! Nice ride and enjoy the rest day!

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

Good job on your long ride! I hope you have a restful day tomorrow!

Kiki said...

wow, I thought I was doing lots of bike mileage. I guess I better step it up, you're making me feel very lazy! Enjoy your rest day.

Beth said...

I imagine that train for yours is pretty fast... :) Have a great holiday!

Lisa G said...

Awesome! And wow, that is a looong ride! Looks like it was a beautiful day for you as well!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

That's some serious mileage! Glad the train was nice :-)

Black Knight said...

135 miles after a long run is an impressive workout. And the smile tells that you are relaxed and in perfect shape.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

One of my teammates said "the wind is your training partner, you hate the training partner with a passion, but it is the best trainng partner you will ever have"