Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sprint Tri Race Report: OUCH!

I realized today there is a reason I race longer races. The short ones are over so fast, but they hurt at such a different level! I got to test out my race legs with a sprint triathlon today.

The 5k did not feel good. I know they are not supposed to exactly be comfortable but oh my.

The bike felt good. Thank you QR and Zipp for an awesome ride. I can't say my legs felt fresh or happy the entire time, but it was fun to ride fast.

In a race where our cool-down lasted longer than the entire race, the rookie pros both took 2nd.

Next weekend is Wildflower - one of my favorite races on one very tough course. 

15 comments:

Lauren Wang said...

Rock on the 2nd place! Great job!

ADC said...

Great race, well done C!

FLATOUT JIM said...

I feel your pain. First 5k of the year yesterday. I am so sore this morning.

Best of luck at Wildflower.

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete said...

Good job girl! That is awesome that you got second! Wahoo!

Yasi said...

Awesome job on the win!

Jill Costantino said...

Woohoo - congrats to both of you. Looking forward to watching you online at Wildflower.

Teresa said...

Nice work team! You two crack me up :)

tn

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Great job!
Good luck at Wildflower.

Running and living said...

I don't know if I believe you when you say it hurt...you look like you are flying in that first picture, both feet in the air and all:)

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Congrats!!

Beth said...

I agree - sprints are tough!! Although I think the longer ones are pretty painful too... ;) Congrats to both you guys!!! Great warmup for Wildflower!! :)

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

You are looking very pro these days! Congrats on the victory!!

GoBigGreen said...

Ouch is right, but can you imagine doing a sprint and not having that ouch?
I love your braids! I am growing my hair to braid it!

Meg said...

Have fun at Wildflower!

Runner Leana said...

I am not a fan of the pain from short races either. Ouch!

Congratulations on 2nd!!