Thursday, April 29, 2010

Hydrate Clean!

I'm pretty good at leaving my bike bottles laying around and ending up with mold in the bottom of them. I found a couple solutions and thought I would share.

The clean bottle unscrews on the top and the bottom - easy to clean both sides. Pretty simple and smart.

Smash sports bottles have a biodegradable liner in them. Use it once or a few times, then throw it away and start fresh. This liner also keeps the water from sloshing around, so if you like to run with your bottle - even better. Clean and earth friendly!

I'm off on a road trip up to Wildflower today with Steven and my Dad. Whoooo hooooo fun camping and racing weekend! Hopefully I can get my wetsuit off after the swim better than I did last year. If not, well, I'm sure Steven will be there with a camera to capture the moment so we can all laugh at it.

15 comments:

Libby said...

cool! I was so glad to find the simple waterbottle washer thingie at bed bath and beyond. will definitely check those out! good luck at wildflower!!

Snakebite said...

My home brewing beer experience has taught me a little household bleach diluted in water makes a great sanitizer. Rinse thoroughly after use and you're good to go!

SSB said...

I just tell myself the mold is good for me ;-)

Good luck this weekend.

Kim said...

what a great idea! even after i put my bottles through the dishwasher, i still have some mold at the bottom. but yet i still drink from them :)

D10 said...

Have lots of fun this weekend. Love the water bottle that unscrews top and bottom.

Beth said...

Oh my - I SOOOO need those bottles! Mine always end up with mold in the bottom! Thanks for the tips!!

And have an awesome time at Wildflower!! You are going to crush that swim (and bike and run...) and the only pictures are going to be of you coming out of the water in 27:xx! ;) Go Charisa!

Herrad said...

Hi,
It has been awhile since I visited many blogs.
Decided to do a quick visit to say hello to as many blogs as possible tonight..
Nice to visit your blog its been ages, I am sure it will not be so long again especially now my life is getting better.
I went out this afternoon for the first time since 19 August 2009 and it was brilliant.
Lovely to feel my world getting bigger again after all this time in bed.
Have a good evening and a pleasant day tomorrow.
Love,
Herrad
PS
Please visit Steve @ The Wheel Of Fortuna

http://spinfortunaswheel.blogspot.com/

Important we support him in the first weeks of his bereavement.

Erin said...

good luck Charisa!!!

Running and living said...

Thanks, Charissa. I just ordered the clean bottle (the other one seemed a bit high maintenance to me).

Jill Costantino said...

That wetsuit story is hilarious!
Have a fantastic race weekend. Kick some BUTT out there!

t-odd said...

Go fast! Bring home some more money. Have a great time.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

You guys are going to have a blast at Wildflower - weather is supposed to be beautiful! Thanks for the water bottle tips!

Teresa said...

You will do great! so excited for you!!

tn

GoBigGreen said...

Good luck this weekend! Hope the wetsuit dance is brief:)

Black Knight said...

Enjoy your trip! Good luck.