Thursday, March 4, 2010

ART

ART is Active Release Therapy. Dan is my ART guru. He fixes muscles I make too tight from all my swim-bike-run. It is a good thing Dan makes me laugh because much of what he does to my legs, shoulders, etc. hurts.

My double swim week resulted in a tight shoulder. Dan to the rescue. I told him next week I'm bringing my teddy bear to clutch instead of his little pillow. He has the ability to unpinch nerves and release knots from muscles. He was making my entire right arm tingle in this picture. The ART itself might not feel amazing, but when I leave the office I feel like I have new legs.

15 comments:

D said...

If you feel like you have new legs after a dude pokes you in the arm pit, he deserves some kind of medal!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

New legs are totally worth the pain - says the girl who hasn't experiences the pain. Glad you found relief and laughter!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Glad your OK.
I saw the post and the expression with the post ART and thought some guy named Art was having a heart attack.... glad it was a good expression

Jill Costantino said...

Ouch - that looks like it HURTS or he is tickling you really bad!

IAN said...

I went today too. OUCH!!!!

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

Ouch! I think I'll pass on the ART until I really really need it!

MM said...

You look like you are laughing. They can't be doing it right. Maybe you should have Cedric hold your hand?

rocketpants said...

Yea you look like you are actually having fun. That's not the experience I ever have with ART.

See you this weekend!! (hopefully) :-) Just think last year you were nervous to be going with the 'elite' wave and this year you've got the card that goes with it. Kick some butt!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

ok, that just hurts looking at it

GoBigGreen said...

Ah. The subscap. That one hurts.

Amanda said...

oh how i want some ART now.

t-odd said...

I think I have to go back for some ART maintenance. How often do all you guys go?

Lauren Harrison said...

I have seriously considered Vodka shots before going to ART!

NJ said...

That John Cougar Mellencamp song comes to mind..."Hurt so good; Come on baby make it hurt so good."

Samantha said...

LOL....agreed. It hurts so good. Love my ART guy! :)