Wednesday, December 23, 2009

LIVE your Life!

It was 31 degrees when I hopped in the pool this morning. It would have been way easier to stay in bed. But a bunch of other crazy people showed up to swim, and this made it fun. This is why I show up day after day for more swim-bike-run. For the experiences along the way.

A friend recently emailed me this quote:

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming whooooo hooooo . . . . what a ride!

THIS is how I want to live my life. 110%!

14 comments:

MM said...

I love that quote. Hope your hair didn't freeze post swim.

Running and living said...

Love that quote!

Kiet said...

Great quote C, and very timely for me, how'd you know?

Angela and David Kidd said...

Love the quote. I watched a snow storm roll in between sets this morning. I'm interested to see how your entire week of doing doubles goes. I've been doing doubles twice a week through the month of December... we will see if it ends up making me faster.

IAN said...

I think you are doing great on the "using up your body" front. We can work on the champagne front :-) Hope to be sliding in right after you in similar fashion.

Mike Russell said...

You need to read up on existentialism. It sounds like the philosophy would suit your lifestyle well.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Wow 31?!?! really, i am more then impressed

Teresa said...

Girl, you are right on track!!! Keep on living on!

tn

Meg Runs said...

That quote makes a great visual...

ADC said...

Great quote. Happy swimming!!

D10 said...

Awesome quote! You only get one life, gotta enjoy it.

kera said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the quote girl and I totally think you do just that!!! Merry Christmas friend!! Hugs!!

Herrad said...

Hi,
Happy Christmas.
Love,
Herrad

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Merry Christmas Sunshine! Hope the swimming is going well and that you enjoy your day off :-)

Lovely photo and great quote!