Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Top of the World

The day after I raced Kona at the last minute in the afternoon Steven and I decided to drive to the top of Mauna Kea. We figured it would be close for catching the sunset, but we'd at least try.






We actually made it to see the sun sink into the clouds/ocean.

14,000 some feet is COLD!!!! You would think as an athlete I'd do great with little oxygen up there, but notsomuch. At one point I ran over to use the outhouse and got so dizzy I thought I might fall in. Good times!

10 comments:

t-odd said...

I don't know what to say. Super cool! Maybe you were lightheaded because YOU JUST RACED AN IRONMAN! Glad you didn't fall in. (Now stop living in the past, it's getting tedious. DAMN I guess I did know what to say.)

D10 said...

Awesome pictures! glad you didn't fall in!

Jill Costantino said...

beautful pics! Looks like heaven!

ADC said...

Wow, that is high.

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Okay - good that you DIDN'T fall in - that would have been awful! And yes - being up at elevation is cold! Brrr! Next time to Kona, I'll have to see that ;) How was the drive down?

Teresa said...

Can not believe there is even a "cold" place in Hawaii. You look freezing!
tn

Snakebite said...

Great pictures! Glad you didn't fall in.

Renee said...

Gorgeous pictures! Looks like a beautiful way to end the day!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

I'm super happy you two made it up there in time for the spectacular show mother nature was putting on. Great pics!

solarpowered said...

Whoa! So cool!