Monday, October 5, 2009

Kona Favorites

In the spirit of a little race coming up this weekend, I thought I would list some of my favorite things about the big island. In no particular order...

People watching

Sunsets

Underpants run

Seeing friends on the course while racing.

The Lava Java "Java Shake" oh my, frozen coffee heaven in a cup!!

Geckos

Finishing the race and knowing the season is done and I gave it 110%.

Floating in the ocean and looking for sea turtles.

The chaos and excitement of race day.

Hawi turn-around and the screaming down the hill from Hawi-sensation, before the dreaded: headwind-oh-dear-I'm-only-moving-8mph-section.

The smell of sunscreen.

That ice-cold wet towel they throw on your shoulders in T2 before that little marathon run in the heat.

5 Days!!

16 comments:

Megan said...

Everyone loves LavaJava! I need to qualify so I can check that place out. :-D

Molly said...

Soooo exciting!! When do you leave?

Running and living said...

Awesome! So much to look forward to. Enjoy!

Teresa said...

Love 'em all. Especially that cold towel (no wonder I spent so long in T2). Maybe we can run with it! And I like the milkshake, and the geckos, oh, and the friends.....you are spot on!

tn

Meg Runs said...

You cracked Steve and I up, you are too funny!! Please take pix again this year!

You are going to have so much fun and rip it up!

Kiet said...

Yo C, selfishly I want you to take your new camera out on the course and make a video. But I know you're looking to race it this year and you're not scared to put it on the line. How about you go back out there on Sunday and do one more round of the course with the camera? BTW, I too am sold on the Lumix, gotta have the HD video capability.

Mama Simmons said...

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing you out on the course! :)

ADC said...

Such great favourite things - have fun!!!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

And all us BOTPers (back of the packers) will be living our lives vicariously through you this weekend.

Have fun!!

D10 said...

Have lots of fun this weekend. I can't wait to read all about it.

Trishie said...

what Bob said ^^^ rock Kona !!

Chloe said...

Those are all awesome things!! I'm sure people watching there is top knotch (not to mention the eye candy!!) Good Luck!!

Alili said...

Can't wait to 'watch' the day unfold on my computer. :)

Beth said...

Oh that wet, cold/ice towel sounds so nice!! You probably need one of those every mile. ;) Only 4 days now - SOOOOO exciting!! :)

NJ said...

For all the good things I hear about LavaJava, I wish we had one here in MN.

Good luck. Will be following your race.

Jill Costantino said...

Oh One Day I hope to be THERE! Enjoy and have a great race! Hope you see tons of sea turtles and dolphins too!