Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Flop

I tend to enjoy a good flop onto the floor after a hard workout, or day at work, or Kona. Half-eaten piece of pizza in my hand and a nice flop onto the King K hotel lobby floor. Now that is NICE!

This is my friend Jason. He has not completely mastered the "flop" yet, but his was not bad. He spent a day last October chasing me around Kona. I think spectating might be harder than racing.

A good flop requires a minimum of 5 minutes on the ground in the someone-just-knocked-me-down-and-now-I-can't-move position. If done properly friends will come running with cameras, because apparently the flop has not become mainstream yet. It is important not to perform the "flop" before crossing the finish line, as it makes for a very long night.

14 comments:

Jeffrey said...

OMG that poor carpet. How long do you think it took to get the stains out?

Jennifer Cunnane said...

Where is the beer in hand too? Make sure to set aside before flopping as to not spill the lovely celebratory beverage!!!

Megan said...

I have a flop picture post-IMoo!! I should email it to you... if I can find it.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

That is so funny! You constantly crack me up :-) Flopster.

rocketpants said...

oh yes...mastering the 'flop' does take some skillz...i'm glad you have it down. I believe i have mastered the flop on occasion, but don't have digital proof...maybe i need to work on that. i've also mastered the flop-nap. Where it was an intended 'flop'...but a nap soon followed...even for 5 minutes.

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Love it! That's one heckuva flop! Okay... I can totally understand getting down there. How the heck did you get back up?? :)

ADC said...

Ha ha that is funny. I've done my flop after IM KY last year - lots of people asked whether I was OK. I thought I looked like I was chilling - clearly they didn't.

D10 said...

It looks like you have mastered the flop and have quite the following too.

Snakebite said...

To get maximum style points, do "the flip" right before doing "the flop."

Roo said...

So- did you even know all the people that took your picture? That's hilarious!

Beth said...

I absolutely love the fact that there is pizza in your hand during the "flop"! :)

Rebecca DeWire said...

I agree with you that spectating can be harder than racing. Therefore, all spectators should also be encouraged to work on their flop :)

IAN said...

you better hurry to the finish line this year, I see a tripartite flop in our future

Steve Stenzel said...

HA! This is great!!