Friday, July 3, 2009

Riding and Bonking

I went for a ride with Ian and Kevin today. I grabbed wheels and fell off, but it was still great fun to be out there. Elfin Forest finished me off. Somehow I miscalculated calories and had a nice bonk trying to climb out of the forest.

Thankfully Ian needed calories too, so we stopped at the mini mart, and therefore I did make it home without falling over. There are a more rides planned for this weekend, and a few runs. I am hoping to just keep the boys in sight. Except on the super windy roads, and then maybe just within shouting distance - you know, in case I become high maintenance and run out of calories again.

I can't bring myself to keep the new bike in the garage, so he just sits by our fireplace.

8 comments:

D said...

That's the EXACT position my bike lives in! Funny.

Hooterville Mayor said...

Hmmm, all my bikes are "he's" also. Some of my friends think I am losing my mind for naming my bikes.
The rest of my friends think the same, but not for naming my bikes. :)

rocketpants said...

Bonking is never fun. Will the bike ever sleep in the garage? Or forever be another piece of the artwork in the living room. I have a whole wall dedicated in my (tiny) place to my bikes, but that's only because I have no where to put them.

t-odd said...

You seem to bonk a fair amount, am I right? You need to hang that bike above the fireplace, that is it's rightful place.

Steve Stenzel said...

I LOVE that we care for our bikes SOO much!! Ha!

GoBigGreen said...

My bike lives inside too. ESPECIALLY in the winter!
I popped a bottle off the back of my bike today so was also short but made it in ok!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Sorry to hear about the bonk! We keep our bikes inside too :-)

Julia said...

Hi! I just came across your blog; I'm thinking about doing a triathlon, so I'm very interested to read your blog! Pretty bike :)