Saturday, June 27, 2009

No Joke - It's HOT in Texas!

I spent the morning heat-acclimatizing in our friends' garage while assembling the Kestrel. I could not get the power meter to work at first. Steven tried to help. We finally realized I hadn't plugged the little computer in. DOHHHHH!

We set off to drive the bike course.


And found this porcupine! Steven got out of the car to try to get a close up, but our little friend waddled away quickly.

The bike course is beautiful.

And I can semi-breathe through my nose today!



As we drove back into town the bank sign said 99 degrees.
Bring on the salt tabs!

11 comments:

D said...

Salt tabs? Pussy. :P
I just got back from a 2 hour ride with no nutrition. You'd think my HORRIBLE day at IMC last year would have taught me something, but nope. :D

t-odd said...

Hey - they used to run the Boston Marathon with no water stops and no support. What a bunch of pansies we are! (Of course people would die doing that kind of shit so maybe we are smarter pansies.)

Glad you are back to breathing and won't be snotting all over the cool ride. Of course if you have the snot flying you could just tell everyone it's a MILD case of the Swine Flu. Always think race strategy!

Elizabeth A. Rich said...

Good Luck tomorrow Charisa! I'm glad you are starting to feel better and I look forward to meeting you.

Mama Simmons said...

Drink up! Have a great day tomorrow!

Haley Cooper said...

I LOVE porupines! You're going to do awesomely tomorrow. My biggest ever breakthrough race happened at the tail end of a really bad virus. Have fun and stay hydrated!

Alaskan Assassin said...

Be smart with calories tomorrow and rip it!!

Teresa said...

Have fun...good luck...GO CHARISA!!!!
tn

Running and living said...

Good luck with the race! You are going to rock it! Ana-Maria

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Look at the fluffy white clouds! That porcupine is a hoot. Good Luck C!

ADC said...

I've read this after your race and you rocked. Well done girl. Yay. So stoked for you.

t-odd said...

Nice race - apparently the heat didn't bother you. You just beat my home town girl Cathy Y. Have a good trip home!