Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It's a Bird . . . It's a Plane . . .

This morning while riding my bike to the pool I had just crested the climb and was zipping downhill when from out of the dark I was nailed in the left shoulder by a mysterious creature.

My first reaction was "Holy-bad-navigating-bird! I hope I did not kill it?!" and then, "I think my shoulder is going to be bruised!"

After further contemplation though it may have been the world's largest grasshopper. We do have bats around here, but I quickly pushed that thought out of my mind because running into a bat in the dark while riding my bike just seems completely freaky!!

Fancy grasshopper origami by Brian Chan.

8 comments:

cat. said...

should we be keeping a charisa road kill tally? ; )

GoBigGreen said...

I hope you are ok and glad it didnt get you in the face. I smacked into something and my face had a huge welt in it. And ride with those zippers pulled up if you have a jersey on, rodents arent happy if they are traoped in your jersey plus it leads to crashing and hysterical maneuvering. trust me i know.

Teresa said...

Girl be careful...what are you going to get for dessert tonight ;) Or what is going to get you for dessert!
tn

rocketpants said...

Yes...let's go with big grasshopper because bat = gross. ewww

solarpowered said...

I would've lost my balance just flailing my hands around my upper body if that had happenend to me. Well done staying upright!

Oh, and ewww if that was a bat.

Evan said...

Weird.

Maybe it was a bat. That would give me the heebie jeebies for sure.

Hope the shoulder feels better.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

I vote for grasshopper!

Love the origami!

Hooterville Mayor said...

Gee, I hope the bat didn't get hurt. (hey, bats are our friends. They eat about a metric kajillion tons of insects in their lifetimes!)
:)