Friday, April 24, 2009

7th Grade Was Good To Me

I have always loved the tea cups at Disneyland. What could be better than flying around in circles and laughing?! A good friend came to visit me this past week. He brought pictures with him from back in the days when our biggest concern was how to entertain ourselves before and after school. This was my favorite one.

My best friend and I are on the saucer together trying not to fly off. Check out my bangs! I wonder how long it took me to get them feathered just perfectly like that? And WHY am I wearing a collared shirt in the 7th grade? But I love how I'm laughing and trying so hard not to fly off the saucer.

11 comments:

Maggs said...

Awesome. Looks like those were some of the best times.. And your hair is great.

Roo said...

Hey- at least you weren't still wearing rainbow/unicorn shirts like some of us....... Maybe we should start a goofiest junior high picture contest?

IAN said...

Speaking of not good with morning coffee/breakfast... Thanks, the thought of the Tea Cups, merry go round, and or any other rapidly spinning recreational apparatus just made me thoroughly naseaus.

Lauren Harrison said...

I always strived for bangs like yours, but could never get mine quite like that. Perhaps I was using the wrong curling iron or hairspray?!?!

Chloe said...

Ha! I think we all wore collared shrits to school. I always saw it as 'dressing up' - because I didn't smell like chlorine and have umbros on :)

Running and living said...

Ha, I did not recognize you, thought it was your friend, I think the shirt confuzed me. Great picture, awesome times:) Ana-Maria

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Hee hee hee - great picture! Holy Bangs Batman - mine were just the same, though. Thanks for sharing!

Nice job on the swim today!!!!

GoBigGreen said...

Dorothy Hamil was big for us....! Bangs and the layered flip...Oh yea I agree with Ian. Barf time.

Alaskan Assassin said...

This post reminds me of how much growing up sucks.

I have tried to get my hair like that for years. LUCKY!!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Love the joy in your face! Great pic and good memories!

t-odd said...

Playgrounds don't have fun, spinny, throw-up rides anymore. That sucks! Were you possibly wearing that collared shirt super oversized and with stirrup pants? That was a big look up north. Keep having fun!