Sunday, March 29, 2009

Running, Cookies and Color

This is the view I have when I stretch at the end of one of my favorite trail runs. Spectacular!

I love trail running. I've found that when something is taken away for a bit I love it even more. I took a little time off from running recently to let some injuries heal. Today I ran again and if it is possible, fell in love with running even more.

Last night I decided to make cookies. Martha Stewart I am not . . . somewhere between following the recipe and adding a few of my own ingredients this was the end result. Thankfully sight and taste are not the same because the cookies still tasted good!

This weekend we bought a few more plants for our garden. Steven will keep them alive for me, and I will enjoy looking at them. 

The orange one is my favorite, although the little tiny ones are cute. Plus, those are low-water plants, which means they thrive where we live - bonus! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

15 comments:

D said...

Well it looks to me like you only made 1 cookie, and of course you must eat 1 cookie all in one sitting. And I wonder why I'm fat :D

solarpowered said...

Cookies definitely don't need to look good to taste good. :D

And in seeing all your scenery shots around here, I can't wait to get back out your way in a few months. Jealous!

kera said...

Laughing hysterically.....at the cookies....not you!!! Beautiful plants! What's the orangish/yellowish one?

Charisa said...

Orange one is a star flower. It's a bulb so it will come back every year (or that's the hope at least)! :)

Evan said...

The cookie looks odd but I would still eat it.

Have you ever thought about just planting fake flowers?? They would never die.

Ordinarylife said...

I also love trail running, unfortunately we don't have much of it where I live.

That plant is beautiful.

FLATOUT JIM said...

That's one big ass cookie. Can you take a picture of the big ass glass of milk that goes with it?

ADC said...

I love the cookie(s). You seem to be as good cook as I am ;-))) Love the plants. My friends used to buy me plants and flowers to see how long would they live with me. Needless to say they didn't last long. Lovely weather down there ;-)

t-odd said...

Does that cookie have chocolate chips in it? 'Cause I will eat anything with chocolate chips in it - and dough to hold it together. Hey, you're not entering a bake-off so who cares what it looks like. Glad to hear you are running again.

jameson said...

i had the same feeling this winter after I couldn't run for 6 weeks... i missed it so much and i love it more than ever!

where is that run?

Maggs said...

What a view. Those cookies look awesome. I'm looking forward to my mom making me some this weekend!

Lauren Harrison said...

Don't worry. My cookie-baking skills pale in comparison to yours! Happy Taper!

Eileen Swanson said...

I love those flowers. Nice cookie baking!!

Shan said...

Love those orange flowers!!!

I would still eat those cookies - YUM!! Hope you have a restful week, and kick some A$$ this weekend! I'll be there cheering you on :)

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Yeah for running again! Baking is a great way to celebrate - and I bet that cookie tasted yummy!