Monday, March 2, 2009

A Ride, a Bull and a Bee

My friend Liz came down from LA to ride long with me yesterday. We had a great day of sunny (well, it was downright hot) riding, climbing and chatting. We even found a furry bull to take a picture with.


At one point I ran over something evil and my tire ended up with a massive gash in it. Oops! Oh well, nice break and thankfully Steven came to the rescue with a new tire. We were off again, but not before a bee stung me in the forehead. Oh joy! I was imagining returning home from the ride with a massive red welt on my forehead. Thankfully I guess I'm not really allergic to bees because it now looks like I have a big zit where the bee stung me (sorry no photos of this awesome facial flaw!)

Post-ride we pulled the band together and pretended we were rock stars. My new goal is to get Roo and Liz together for a rock band party. Neither one can stand still while singing. Which I'm pretty sure is how the singing part for rock band was meant to be!

12 comments:

D said...

I've only been stung once on a ride and it was on the leg. It was the most annoying thing EVER for the last 3 hours of that ride. Why can't these things ever happen at the end?

FLATOUT JIM said...

Once, on the inside of the thigh. Iguess he hit me, and kinda got stuck on my cycling shorts and couldn't get off, so he broke out the big guns.

I whoosed out and went home. I wasn't sure how I would react, but no swollen lips or repiratory arrest. I probably coulda finished the ride.

OH WELL.

Maggs said...

I'm very jealous of your sun and 'downright' hot. I love riding in 'downright' hot, and it has been anything but that lately. Sorry about the giant welt on your forehead. Bees in helmets suck.

Evan said...

I heard it was super hot down there yesterday.

Sorry about the bee. I kinda think it is just an excuse because you have a big zit on your forehead though. It is okay...adults sometimes get zits. =)

Up here I have a hard time blaming the bees. I just wear a beanie for a couple of days until it clears up. jk

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Yeah - I've gotten a few stings during rides. NEVER very fun! Painful little buggers! Sorry about the tire shredding - not a fun thing! The hubby is awesome!!! Three cheers for Steven!

t-odd said...

A friend of mine got stung during a HIM. Straight down the front of her jersey - right in zee middle. A motorcycling friend of mine had bee go down the back of her pants. Again, right in zee middle. Other than that, I like bees - they make honey.

Bandobras said...

Too bad about the bee and the flat tire but you should keep the bull handy. Nothing is more needed after a bad day to help explain why I couldn't keep up.
I've used it way too many times.

Steve Stenzel said...

OH! No zit... I mean bee-sting photo?!? Dang.

Chloe said...

Sweet picture with the bull :)

Rock Band is a blast! You're fav songs and you can pretend like you are the rock star? Can't get any better!

LizE said...

ohhhh yea! good times. i'm just so excited i made the blog ;)

it was so great to spend that time with you. i love your positive energy and attitude. people like you deserve to do well in triathlon: you work hard and have a great attitude towards training and competition. you continue to inspire me :)

xoxo
liz

ADC said...

Ha ha taht is quite funny (apart from the bee stung). But the photo with the bull in it is hilarious.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

bulls and bees...what a fun day!