Friday, February 20, 2009

ZERO

This was the amount of motivation I had for training this morning. I hung on at masters - barely. I had taken a few hours off work this morning to get in some extra base miles. Nothing hard, just easy miles. And I had no desire whatsoever to do any of it. I convinced myself to get on the bicycle only after promising myself a mid-ride coffee shop visit.

The bike, coffee mug and I loped down the coast to get a latte. Amazing how caffeine can motivate! On the way I was passed by two 70+ year-olds on a tandem bike. I wish I had a picture of this. It was confirmation I was not overdoing my easy base miles.

The caffeine did nothing to motivate me for my run. I pulled out the trail shoes, knowing only a trail run would bring happiness at this point. And that it did. It is caterpillar season here. I spent the entire trail run hopping over little fuzzy caterpillars, making sure not to squish them. I'm pretty sure I reverted to five years old again, and went home happy.

8 comments:

ADC said...

That coffee will definitely motivate me. Throw in skinny blueberry muffin and I will swim, bike, run the whole day. Glad the run was good.

GoBigGreen said...

wow that is a Beautiful Latte! Coming from a former Barista ( Caribou, yea!) I have to say if that is what your latte REALLY looked like i think it was good luck.
Caffeine will motivate me to get going bc i have to get to the loo:)

snowygrl said...

some days you just need to be a kid again

Maggs said...

Being a kid again is usually instant motivation.

Beth said...

Oh my - I haven't seen a fuzzy caterpillar forever! I can't wait to see them again. :) Hope you find your mojo again - I'm sure it won't be long. Have a great weekend!

rocketpants said...

Glad you found some lift from that zero motivation and found some fun with the caterpillars. Those are fun.

FLATOUT JIM said...

Everyone of those catapillars will turn into butterflies. Kharma will thank you for it.

I think everyone goes through the training blahs this time of year. It's likey 4 to 6 months until your most importatnt races. Don't sweat it.

herrad said...

Beautiful caterpillar.
Thanks.
Love,
Herrad