Monday, February 2, 2009

Wonderful Weekend

I got to ride my favorite route this weekend. With fun friends! I have a ton of pictures that I'll post later this week. Sunday I did a long run with Kevin and the company was great. I usually do my long runs with my iPod, which is nice, but there's nothing better than good friend to chat with while running.

We had a Superbowl party at our place. Kin'dra got us all 3-D glasses for the commercials.
















Michelle brought fancy CUPCAKES!!!! Yummy!

I spent half the game amazed at the energy of two little girls who played "hop" and "Brian can't see the TV" the entire time. I hope I have just half their amount of energy this weekend when I race the San Dieguito Half Marathon!

10 comments:

ADC said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend. The pics look great. You are running half-marathon? Good luck!

Shan said...

Hey Charisa! Were you running in the ranch yesterday around the golf course? I thought I saw you running with another guy, but my brain was processing a little bit too slowly to say anything! I was running with two other gals around the golf course at the time... :) If not, then there is someone out there that looks like you!!

OHHHHHH sprinkles cupcakes - I SO want to try those!!

I'll see you at San Dieguito next weekend - I'm doing the 5K!

D said...

As much as I hate American football, I think I'm missing out on something with the parties you guys have down there.
NEXT YEAR!

IAN said...

Thanks Charisa. I am happy with taking 15mins off last year's Carlsbad time, although it was a much easier course. Your article on IM is rad.

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Sounds like a GREAT weekend - I would have loved to have biked with you guys on Saturday... but am determined to do it next time around! yea for the Superbowl party and cupcakes! Cheers to staying healthy and happy training - oh, and you'll do GREAT next weekend!

GoBigGreen said...

Good luck next weekend! And...yummmy
CUPCAKES....!

Natalie said...

Thanks for all the encouragement!

Good luck on your half mary! You will do fantastic! For inspiration, just remember those balls of energy running around!

Teresa said...

How funny...our weekends were both filled training, cupcakes and kids! Good luck at the race this weekend. You will do great!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

What a great party! I gotta get me some of those tasty looking cupcakes!

rocketpants said...

Looks like a great weekend of fun!