Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Downsizing and Garden Gnomes

This morning on my bike commute it happened. I had more "stuff" than I could fit in my bike messenger bag. Oh the horror!! Somehow between swim stuff, work papers, clothes, lunch food, etc. I managed to max out the messenger bag. I had to decide between a pair of jeans and my tasty Trader Joes lunch and snacks. The food won. (I have a pair of pants I leave at work that will get worn yet again). My birthday is coming up and I have my eyes set on this fun bag. It is even green!

I love our garden. I'm not much of a gardener, thankfully Steven keeps everything alive in our yard. I'm sure it would all be dead if I was in charge. I noticed the other day we are getting our first yellow lemons of the season! I usually make some lemonade and then have no idea what to do with the rest of them. If you have any ideas I'd love to hear them. I do like the color they add to the yard.

Gerbera daisies and garden gnomes.
I'm pretty sure these two items complete any garden.

In college my friend Laura and I watched the Full Monty and ever since then I've had this thing for garden gnomes. They always make me laugh.

Enjoy the day!

10 comments:

ADC said...

I love the Full Monty! You have lemons in your garden??? Seriously, guess which I colour I have turned with envy? :-)
I am so not a gradener - everything and I mean everything dies on me if I look after it.

GoBigGreen said...

T6 Stuff is the best. They are based here in MN and trust me those bike messangers know their stuff. I am not sure what the best price is but you could try World Cylcing Productions, I am not sure if they carry the bags or just the jerseys!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Your garden looks like it has a lovely forest behind it! How cool.

I would have gone for the food too.

That is one sweet bag - and those TwinSix guys are the best...can you believe all the support they're giving Fatty?

t-odd said...

My father-in-law is a lemon FREAK! Loves any lemony dessert. My favorite are these super lemony lemon bars my mother-in-law makes. Good stuff! (If she will share the recipe I will forward it to you.)

Kim said...

I kill everything! I am so impressed! The only thing I've kept alive is a bamboo tree and I think they are like immune to dying. The pictures were lovely..thanks for sharing..oh and the bag - so cute! You should totally put in your b-day request!

Evan said...

What to do with extra lemons?

My car in high school was a lemon. I always wanted to push itover a cliff.

But serious. Just throw them in your neighbors yard.

solarpowered said...

I love lemon! I float a slice of lemon in my water all the time. Make an angel food cake and put some lemon in it. Make a centerpiece for a table by filling a vase with a whole bunch of the lemons and maybe some fresh mint or something else with color.

Cool garden!

Ordinarylife said...

Lemon meringue Pie, Lemon Curd, Lemon Marmalade, Lemon preserve

Not that I have made any of the above - ever, but you wanted suggestions......

Snakebite said...

I use a Camelbak Peak Bagger backpack that works well. Depending on what you're riding for a bike, you might consider a rear rack with panniers (and fenders!).

rocketpants said...

Yummy Lemon bars would be my vote. I have a weird lemon soup recipe I've never tried but its not vegetarian, so i'm doubting you would be interested.

New bag looks cool!