Monday, January 26, 2009

The Raveonettes and Running

Saturday night I got to see The Raveonettes in Hollywood. They are one of my favorite bands, so it was awesome to see them live.



Steven did his first half marathon in Carlsbad on Sunday. Leading up to race day he was unsure if he would compete due to an injury. Thankfully his smart training (er . . . resting and icing) helped and he was able to finish - in 1:39. Pretty great for a first half!

I did a long run Sunday. It was hard mostly because I was tired. Staying up until 1am, then getting up at 6 to go cheer your friends in a race, then going out for your own run later in the day while they are all vegging out on the couch watching movies and eating pizza is tricky. But the run went well and thankfully my ipod was full of Raveonettes songs! A pretty perfect weekend if you ask me!