Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Pyramid

Last night at track we did a pyramid workout. Our pyramid was: 200-400-800-1200-1600-1200-800-400-200. Those were the fast parts - there was 400m recovery between each of those.

I started out with a steady pace. By the time I reached the 1200, I felt like I was cruising. I tend to like longer endurance workouts anyway - hmmmm, Ironman, go figure . . . Anyway - the legs felt nice and I was cruising right along, clicking off the laps.


As I reached the top of the pyramid and started descending leg fatigue began to set in. I tried to distract myself by reading the banners and ads hung around the track. "Character Counts All the Time" is the only one I can remember - true indeed! That and very bright track lights shining in my eyes.

By the time I reached the fast 400 I was running behind some guy I've talked to before, but don't remember his name. On the recovery lap I mentioned something about it being a long workout and he responded something to the effect of "I love this workout, it's going so fast, plus I like the short laps!" I managed not to smack him or say anything particularly negative to bring him off his endorphin cloud. It was an awesome workout and I did enjoy it - but even more so once it was over!

7 comments:

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Woohoo that sounds like a doozy! Way to go Charisa! And nice to not smack the endorphin riddled boy.

Hooterville Mayor said...

Wow!
Can you send some of that energy up towards the Great Frozen North and in particular, one old fat Papa with no ambition?!? ;)
You all are amazing with your workouts... I suffer just shoveling snow. (and sometimes, BS, but not this time) :)

Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach said...

Sounds like an amazing workout - I LOVE it! Way to hang in there - and show restraint to Mr. Chipper right ahead of you. I think we can ALL identify with Wily Coyote... :)

Ordinarylife said...

good restraint!

ADC said...

Well done on the workout. The track sessions are so not my thing.

Roo said...

I can't believe I missed my favorite workout!

TRI-ROB said...

WOW! Such restraint. Mr. Happy Pants needed a little smack... but that wouldn't have felt good to anyone... good job... and GREAT workout!

Breathe...