I had foot surgery. My foot healed a bit. My foot got infected. I was taken off all activity except walking to my car & put on antibiotics. Once the infection went away I did a lot of hiking. Then I was allowed to run for 15 minutes. I started swimming again and was super slow.
During all of this most of my time was spent focusing on work. In the midst of foot drama I launched a new microscope website - ViridianMicro.com, and I'm proud of how it turned out.
I like Thanksgiving not so much for the food (although the pies are fantastic!), but because I like to pause and think back on the year and remind myself how grateful I am for my life. It is definitely not perfect, nor is it always easy, but in my eyes it is good.
In no particular order - my grateful list for this year:
- Travel - from New Zealand to Mont Tremblant, Sweden, Croatia, and even San Francisco and Santa Cruz, I am incredibly grateful every time I am able to see more of the world.
- Actually moving forward with a plan (surgery) and fixing my foot. I hope to have many more years of awesome activity with less foot pain than I had in the past.
- Bicycles - I have what most would say is too many, but they bring me such joy!
- Friends - for anyone who knows me well, I hope you know how much you mean to me. Thank you for laughing with me, crying with me and listening while I try to solve life's problems (mostly by talking about them a lot).
- The great outdoors - I am most at peace and happy when I'm far from civilization and on my bike or hiking in the redwoods. I'm grateful to live in a place where nature continually amazes me with its beauty.
- Coffee - on those days where life seems really shitty or overwhelming, coffee rocks. It's good on the other days as well.
- Progress - I am a very action-oriented person. If you come to me with a problem I will want to help you fix it. I've seen progress over the past year in life, love, work, sport, - many areas of my own life and I'm grateful for this.
- Coaches and mentors - I've had many of them and I am grateful for each of them and all they have taught me.
- Running - I've recently done some of this pain free and it's a new thing for me.
- Eric - thank you for sharing life with me and letting me be ME.