Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Winsole

While in Germany I was introduced to a complete biomechanic bike fitting that combines three aspects:
  1. Checking the cleat placement and power placement of the pedal stroke/feet.
  2. Biomechanics (muscle imbalances).
  3. Bike fit.
The first test allowed us to view where power is being lost based on the pressure on my feet. Notice the picture on the computer is not even, which meant I was losing power that could be pushing the bike forward faster during a race. My cleat position was adjusted to fix this.

I have really high arches and Winsole created custom shoe inserts to keep my ankles a bit more stable and again, keep the power I create from being lost during the pedal stroke.

The insoles are extremely light and comfortable.

Finally, a stretching program was created to balance out some tight areas, which in the end will result in a stronger and more efficient pedal stroke - especially once fatigue sets in around mile 90 in an Ironman.

Winsole hopes to have locations in the US in the next year. In the meantime, if you are in Germany, check them out at one of these locations. Just a few small adjustments can make a big difference in fatigue, especially when running off the bike.