Sunday, December 9, 2012

San Francisco

I find myself lucky to have friends to laugh with. Last year right after Steven and I split up I had three separate friends contact me and tell me anytime I needed to get away, I was welcome to visit. I never took them up on it, until this weekend. Last week I found myself needing to get away. I sent a text to Kiet and a fun weekend plan was under way. These are some shots from the weekend...

Sidewalk flowers always remind me of time I spent in NYC.
Tartine for breakfast followed by Philz coffee.
Perfect sunny day for random SF activities.
Yes, we did the ultimate tourist activity.
I have seen the city go carts a million times. I always thought they were pretty dorky and touristy. All I can say is - we laughed more in two hours than I have in weeks. Go carting through the city was awesome - the little car gets up to 50mph and I felt like we were on a roller coaster flying all over the city.

Round abouts are fun in go carts!
Single speeds and buffalo - San Francisco.
In the park.
Crissy Field.
We did not crash once (that happens the next day during cycle cross...)
Some great views.
Cable car lines.
And yes, I saw the bridge again.
Today I tried my hand at my first cycle cross race. This deserves an entire post of its own - I was definitely outside my comfort zone, but I loved every minute of it. I will post video and photos later this week. I am fairly certain everyone will enjoy laughing at my lack of skill, I know I did.